Wednesday 10 September 2008

To be Gorgeously Green...

I don't know about you but I must admit I've got quite a number of household chemicals at home that I think are bad for the environment. :-(

I'm doing my best to reduce the use of these chemicals. I've started using ecowash washing powder, those with or without bleach. For the ecowash washing powder with bleach, it contains plant-based ingredients and eco-friendly detergent concentrate. I'm also using the Eco-wash Floor Cleaner.





I'm using EM (effective microorganisms) to clean my sink, toilet bowl, etc from time to time.

My point here is that whatever I do, I'm trying real hard to reduce harmful impacts to the environment. I'm a firm believer on the concept of 3R - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. The first thing I focus on is the 'Reduce' bit!

I'm currently reading a book on Gorgeously Green by Sophie Uliano. My dear friend Jess gave it to me for my convocation.. Cheers, Jess! I love the book! ;-) There are so many tips in there. I know in Malaysia we don't get many eco-friendly products readily available yet but I believe things will improve. I'd want to believe so anyway.. ;-)

5 comments:

carolchs said...

eh susan...where to get those eco friendly stuff ah?

Amy C said...

eh i never saw this stuff before owh...mana u buy this susan???

Anonymous said...

wowww.. are they available in M'sia?? This is great stuff to have!

Anonymous said...

Hello Carol, Amy and Taty!!

I got them from Green People at Damai Plaza. Recently I saw the same ones at Kids Avenue Karamunsing. Good kan we have these here. The price about 20ish or less ka tu, I forgot lah, sorry.. :-)

Anonymous said...

duhhhh now I know more new things in KK after no longer live there! hihihi it's ok, will find them soon in my area, thanks for sharing, I never new that I can get those ecowash detergent in the market! :)