Saturday 6 September 2008

Eco-Bag is the Way For Shoppin'

I feel really bad for not updating my green blog frequently. I should have a little bit more extra time now that finally convo is over. :-)

Anyways...

Just wanna share with you what I purchased recently.


Cool, huh? I bought them from http://miabambina.com/. They can be folded and very handy to bring around. I think I will buy a few more and give my Mummy. ;-)

Quoting envirosax.com, these bags provide an exclusive range of reusable shopping bags, while introducing an exciting new medium for the message of environmental sustainability. Design-led, in-expensive and colourful, Envirosax® environmental eco friendly shopping bags will carry the environmental message to a world ready to embrace a brighter ecological future.

Someone commented our department's effort to use eco-bags recently. He questioned whether the bags were made of RECYCLED materials or not. When I said no (because we did not have any information on where to obtain recycled eco-bags in Malaysia at that time), he said then that's not eco-bag. I beg to differ! For me, eco-bags (whether they are made of recycled materials or not), are good alternatives to using plastics any time. The most important thing is we have initiated efforts to promote REUSABLE eco-bags. One step at a time bah! We are also going towards the use of recycled papers. Sometimes I wonder why people do not appreciate efforts by others... Hmmm..

Note: Pix and background information obtained from here. Cheers!

4 comments:

Deana E said...

cute..will get one too..will support you..yes, we must get rid of the plastic bags!!!

Anonymous said...

hey dena!! thanks a lot!!! biggest hugs!

Anonymous said...

emmm when I read your statement here; "Sometimes I wonder why people do not appreciate efforts by others... Hmmm.." I am smiling alone thinking of the other day in my office after I received my reusable bag last time..(http://mamairfan.com/?p=111) No matter what are the material they are made from and how much they cost.. as long as we are reusable it, it's worth! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Taty! Welcome to my blog! :-) I've read ur post.. So sad to have those kind of people around huh? Let's just show 'em lot how we live our lives doing our best for the Environment ok!