Saturday 5 April 2008

Relieved!

I was so relieved to hear the news that the State Government decided to scrap the RM1.3 billion coal-fired power plant in Lahad Datu.

Thank God for that!

The location is near to the well-known Danum Valley Field Centre, Darvel Bay and Ulu-Segama. These places are a part of our nature's gems.

I've been to Danum Valley twice. It's a refreshing place to be! Waking up early and greeted by the morning dew is really an experience to be remembered. The chirping of birds in the serenity of its surroundings can add years to our exhausted physical and emotional selves.

Try it. *wink*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! Of all the kind of power plant they want to build and near Danum some more!

But I'm sure some tycoon must be foaming in his mouth because of this, ha!

Anonymous said...

Ya bah, Jewelle! I hope the decision stays that way. *fingers crossed*

There are alternative ways - more environmentally friendly - to get energy bah kan.